Interested in learning about the Catholic Church? Contact us by calling Molly Boeheim at (616) 754-4194 ext. 125.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process by which adults, wishing to learn about the Church, can gradually discern if they’re called to the Catholic Faith. Every year, adults are welcomed into the Catholic Community through Christian Initiation. It is a prayerful, learning and loving process in which conversion of the heart begins to bring you closer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
St. Charles Borromeo and St. Joseph-St. Mary invite and welcome anyone who is interested in learning more about the Catholic Church in an open and comfortable environment.
Participants in past R.C.I.A. experiences have come from many different backgrounds, yet all have a common interest in learning about the Catholic Faith. The process begins whenever a person expresses an interest in the Catholic Church. After speaking with our Adult Faith Formation Coordinator, you will be guided to a session that best fits your schedule.
The R.C.I.A. is a journey of faith:
- through the initial stages of asking and seeking,
- through beginning involvement with Christian/Catholic people,
- through hearing the Gospel proclaimed and prayerful reflection on the Word of God,
- through study and discussion about the Catholic experience,
- through doubts and hesitations,
- through discernment of God’s call for you as an individual,
- through the steps of commitment,
- through the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
Specifically, the R.C.I.A. process is for adults and children who:
- are interested in learning about the Catholic Church;
- are looking to fill a void in their lives by getting closer to God;
- have never celebrated Baptism; or
- have celebrated Baptism in another faith and are interested in learning more about the Catholic Church; or
- are married to a Catholic and want to have one faith in which to worship as a family.
What is R.C.I.A.?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is the process by which adults learn about the Catholic Church, have the opportunity to become a full member of the Church, and continue to explore their personal faith journey.
Our sessions consist of presentations, discussions, sharing, learning and deepening of faith. We meet with staff members and volunteer parishioners who will assist you in discovering and answering your questions about the Catholic Faith. Individuals do not make a commitment until, along with team members, discern taking a step which we call a rite. Since this is a process, each person’s journey is different.
We would like to extend an invitation to all adults who might be interested in becoming a full member of the Catholic Church to contact us. We welcome people to join our group throughout the year where we will help to answer any questions you may have about The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
(616) 754-4194 ext. 125