As a Community we are engaging in more service projects and we would like parishioners from all three worship sites to participate. We have three current opportunities:
1) St. Charles Community Kitchen provides free meals to the area community each Monday. To get more details such as weekly menus, meal availability dates, weekly blog and more, visit www.saintcharlescommunitykitchen.com. At this time, all meals are take out. Masks are required when picking up your meal – No Exceptions.
The team is always in need for volunteers on Mondays to help setup, prepare and deliver meals and for cleanup. Donations to purchase supplies for the meals are welcomed. Meals are served from 5:00 to 6:00. Help is needed between 3 to 6:30.
For Information contact:
2) St. Joseph’s Thursday Suppers needs a few more volunteers to help with the suppers on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month. Meals are served from 4:15 to 5:15. Help is needed between 1 to 6 for prep, serving and clean up. Call Marie Gasper at 616-794-2088.
3) Supporting Ministries with Donations.
- Food pantries at St. Charles and St. Joseph are always in need of food donations. Donations can be dropped off in the Gathering Spaces at St. Charles and St. Joseph.
- Have Mercy, an agency that supports the homeless of Montcalm and Ionia county has a donation box located in the Gathering Space at St. Charles. The following are a list of needed items: coming soon.
- Alpha Family Services supports expectant mothers and families in the greater Montcalm area. A donation box for needed items is located in the Gathering Space at St. Charles. The following are a list of needed items- diapers of all sizes and toddler boy and girl underpants.